Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Pumpkins--Flannel board & active participation

 I found the rhyme "Once I Had a Pumpkin" on the King County Library System website.  You start with a plain pumpkin and the next verse has you add eyes, nose, mouth and teeth.  I'd sing a version of this as I created a jack-o-lantern on my flannel board.  I then put up a number of felt pumpkins and handed out features & let the kids come up and make their own faces.  The features were many fun foam stickers made to decorate pumpkins which I stuck to felt & cut out.  My faces are plain compared to what the kids did but I thought they'd give an idea of a finished face.  My pumpkins were various shades of orange and brown.




I just noticed no noses, but I have some of those that I hand out too, as well as hair, hats & a few other items.  I hope you try this and have as much fun as we have had.

No comments: